Welcome to The Seasons at Elwood
The Seasons at Elwood is a proposed active lifestyle community offering resort-style living limited to homeowners who are 55 years of age and better. These beautiful condominium homes will be perfectly sized for style, convenience and comfort all just minutes away from shopping, restaurants, cultural events, beaches, marinas and much more.
The Engel Burman Group, the region’s leading Real Estate developer is committed to building
exceptional lifestyle communities for those 55 and better. For many families, lifestyle communities provide the ideal balance between style and convenience. The Engel Burman Group is genuinely touching lives with communities like The Seasons at East Meadow, The Seasons at Plainview, The Bel Aire, The Aqua in Long Beach and many more. – all featuring generous spaces and picturesque locations.
What are the economic benefits to the Elwood community of the proposed development?
The proposed development of 444 new homes offers the following benefits to the Elwood community:
- Additional Tax Revenue of approximately $3 million.
- Infrastructure Upgrades of signalization, sidewalks, synchronizing lights, adding school-ahead warning indications, adding a left turning lane at the entrance to The Seasons, and other upgrades in the vicinity of The Elwood Middle and John Glenn High School campus, at an approximate cost of $1 million.
- Elwood School District donation in the amount of $1 million.
- Recreation Fee Payment to the Town of Huntington, in the amount of $222,000.
- Elwood Park Donation to the Town for upgrade/renovation to the Elwood Park, to be determined (Approx. $200,000).
- Greenlawn Water District Payment of the system construction charge to the Greenlawn Water District in the approximate amount of $1.325 million.
- Installation of a state-of-the-art, subsurface sanitary system to replace the existing, antiquated, open-air sanitary system at Oak Tree Dairy. Approximate cost of $5 million.
Total Near-term Financial Commitment to the Elwood Community: Approx. $10 million.
Estimated Additional Tax Revenue: Approximately $3 million.